Token Management Service
The Token Management Service (TMS) tokenizes, securely stores, and manages customer and payment data.
TMS enables you to:
- Securely store a customer's payment details and their billing and shipping addresses.
- Create a network token of a customer's payment card.
TMS simplifies your PCI DSS compliance. TMS passes back to you tokens that represent this data. You then store these tokens in your environment and databases instead of customer payment details.
TMS Token Types
- Customer — Stores the buyer’s email address and the merchant's account ID for that buyer plus any other custom fields.
- Shipping Address — Stores a shipping address for a specific customer.
- Instrument Identifier —An Instrument Identifier object stores either:
This resource creates either:
- Payment card number
- [or] ACH bank account and routing number
- An Instrument Identifier token using details of a payment card or an ACH bank account.
- A payment network token using the details of a payment card; also uses the card expiration date and billing address, which are pass-through only fields.
- Payment Instrument —Stores a Payment Instrument using an Instrument Identifier token. It does not store the card number and cannot exist without an associated Instrument Identifier. It stores:
Note:You can also choose to store this information yourself instead and store only the card number or bank account and routing number in an Instrument Identifier object.
- Card expiration date
- Billing address
- Customer Payment Instrument — Creates and stores a payment instrument for a specific customer ID and an Instrument Identifier token.
- Create, retrieve, update, and delete tokens.
- Set a default payment instrument and shipping address for a customer.
- Process follow-on payment transactions with token IDs.
- Create and update tokens through bundled payment transactions.